Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Piper at the Gates of Dawn

Just received the news that Syd Barrett has died. This has upset me a bit - despite my liking of punk music, I've always had a soft spot for Pink Floyd and especially their first album (for a while it was a criteria that any boyfriends knew all the words to Bike). I have always hoped that he could eventually get back with the rest of the group. I know he's been a recluse for 30 years, but it just seemed temporary to me.



So in tribute, here is my favourite verse from Bike.

I know a mouse
And he hasn't got a house
I don't know why I call him Gerald
He's getting rather old
But he's a good mouse

(Nobody else of my age group in the office seem remotely interested in this which is further evidence that I was born at the wrong time)

No comments: