Monday, June 19, 2006

Hopes dashed

On Tuesday afternoon, I had a message from the organisation I had recently applied to for a job. I wasn't able to call them back until Wednesday morning because a) reception on my phone is very bad in the office and b) there is nowhere private that I can make a call from. So I rang first thing in the morning and got no reply. I tried again in the afternoon and the following day and the day after, but still couldn't get through to the right person. This morning, I received an email from him saying he got my message, but the position has now been filled!!! They will get back to me if it doesn't work out with the person they offered it to.
OH thinks that I had a narrow escape if this is how they behave, but I'm finding it hard to look at it that way as I really can't stand my work much longer.

No comments: