Monday, July 30, 2007

Firsts

Sometimes life becomes all routine, so here is a list of things that happened to me for the first time last week:

  • I attended my first ever fashion press preview, courtesy of the Arcadia Group, on Wednesday, where I got my first glimpse of the new season's clothes for Topshop, Miss Selfridges, Dorothy Perkins and less excitingly Evans.
  • I bought my first piece of Mac make-up, a satin lipstick in 'Myth'
  • My mother came to stay and saw our new flat for the first time
  • I met the landlords/owners of the flat above us for the first time and they are reassuringly nice & helpful
  • I ate in Pitta Great on Portobello Road for the first time
  • We took a boat trip along the Serpentine for the first time
  • I dipped my feet in the Princess Diana Memorial Fountain for the first time - it was actually the first time I'd seen it as I'd mistakenly thought another fountain in the park was that for the past few years.

And cheating slightly, the sun came out at the weekend for the first time in what seemed like ages.

No comments: