Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Living Online

The Internet really has revolutionised the way I live. I order my groceries online, email is definitely my preferred means of communication these days and some weeks I feel I’ve spent longer online ‘talking’ to people I’ve never met, via blogs and discussion forums than I have to actual people. I’ve got this blog, a Flickr account, a half-hearted Facebook entry and for some unfathomable reason, umpteen email addresses.

I’ve come to the conclusion that I spend too long online.

So what do I do about this?

Firstly, I’ve gone and got my self a freelance writing job with my favourite site RetroToGo. So not only do I get to indulge my passion for living the past further, I now spend even longer online researching stuff.

Secondly, yesterday I decided to revive the other blog I started last year, about my shameful passion for detective programmes. I don’t expect anyone to read – it isn’t very interesting to anyone except me.

Not exactly the best solution but I was starting to feel a bit unfulfilled recently and regrets over quitting the gallery work were starting to creep in, so at least now I’ve got a few more projects to keep me busy.

1 comment:

Alex Linsker said...

Last year I made a promise to spend less time online and more time playing piano.

I'm curious whether you'll find an answer to your dilemma. Curious what you think of www.questionswebsite.com -- your answers make new questions.

-Alex