I've been looking longingly at this coat for about three months now. It was originally £190 (i.e. far too much for me to justify spending in these frugal times). However, it has been now been reduced online to £79.00.
I tried it on again in store at lunchtime (where it has only been reduced to £99) and I'm still undecided.
The Case For
- I really like it
- Its a significant reduction
- This picture reminds me of the video for Suede's The Drowners (showing my age/huge dip in credibility there) - although that's more to do with the shorts than the coat, so a pretty rubbish reason.
The Case Against
- I have a perfectly serviceable winter coat that a) isn't hugely different but b) is alot warmer
- I will soon have plenty of other things (e.g. furniture & paint) to spend £79 on
- The coat will not transform me into looking like this model, which is probably more what I want more than the coat.
I think I will take a chance and see if it is reduced further. In the meantime, if anyone would like to put me off it, then please do.