Friday, April 28, 2006

Dream

The night before last I dreamt about Andrew Ross. He was the boyfriend of the girl who was my best friend when I was about 14 or 15. I can't even remember how long they went out for or exactly when it was, I can't remember the last time I saw him or thought about him before this. I will confess that I did fancy him a bit though - nothing major or that had a big affect on me - I just remember talking to him one time when she had finished with him & for a moment wishing that he liked me instead. I didn't understand what he saw in her (she was pretty - not as pretty as she thought she was - but she wasn't very bright) and he was rather edgy & brooding, so certainly my type.

I don't know what happened to him or where he is now - as I said I haven't thought about him for years. He split up with her after a while - he was hanging around with a girl he said was his cousin & then to our horror he started going out with the cousin, but it turned out that she was never his cousin in the first place - it was just a ruse to cheat! I remember being at a party with him and the cousin & someone saying they were 'at it with a whisk' in the spare room. He also went to the Simple Minds concert with us - his favourite ever band - but got thrown out for fighting with a Stranglers fan before Simple Minds came on.
The dream disturbed me because it made me think about people and places that I haven't given any thought to for years. I realise I'm getting old - I don't go on epic bus journeys to random people's house parties anymore and I'm not friends with people in bands anymore - my friends work in HR & marketing research! I wonder where it all went so wrong.

No comments: