Friday, April 21, 2006

Musical Interlude

Despite having had an ipod for nearly 2 years, I downloaded music from itunes for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I knew I shouldn't have started as it is too easy to spend loads. Here's what I have purchased so far:

  • Big Star - She's a Mover
  • Big Star - Get What You Deserve
  • Big Star - September Gurls
  • Talking Heads - Psycho Killer
  • The Slits - Heard It Through the Grapevine
  • The Kingsmen - Louie Louie
  • REM - Coyahoga

So far, so credible, but then this week I descended into ridiculous nostalgia (in some cases for a time before I was born)

  • The Rolling Stones - You Can't Always Get What You Want (possibly not a good idea to download a song that reminds me of the Ex)
  • Scott MacKenzie - If You're Going to San Franciso etc
  • The Byrds - Eight Miles High
  • Joni Mitchell - Woodstock (a mistake - its not her version I like - she has voice like chalk on a blackboard)
  • Psychedelic Furs - Heaven
  • Psychedulic Furs - Heartbeat (I actually then forgot to download Pretty in Pink which had been the whole point - the 80s overproduction is almost unbearable on these songs)
  • Deacon Blue - Real Gone Kid (what was I thinking? At least I stopped myself from getting Chocolate Girl as well!)

No comments: