Monday, July 28, 2008

No Yellow Jersey for me

I thought I'd make better use of the facilities at the leisure centre I joined having only used the pools. Not quite feeling ready to go to the gym, I had decided that I would go to some of the classes instead.

Quite why I picked "Aerobiking" I don't know. Even less rational was my decision to go for the first time on the hottest stickiest day I can remember. I was hot, bothered and dehydrated before I even got going.

Cycling standing up, cycling sitting down, cycling leaning forward, cycling leaning back, cycling with my arms in the air and cycling uphill.

My legs had turned to jelly by the end, and suddenly the swimming pool looked so inviting that I went for gentle, cooling swim afterwards, glad to be back in my comfort zone.

Today, I still ache.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I go to a class here like this (we call it 'Spinning'), and it can be brutal!

SandDancer said...

It is called "Spinning" here in lots of gyms, but mine calls it "Aerobiking" for some reason. I hurt, but I haven't ruled out going back in the future.