Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Dank

An article in Metro this morning about the Bank Holiday Weekend weather used the word “dank”.

Dank is a great, richly descriptive word that isn’t used enough, although perhaps it is a good thing that we don’t have need to use it more often.

Dank perfectly describes how the weather was – cold, wet, dark and miserable. It also perfectly describes how I’ve been feeling.

I have been feeling dank. In fact, I am still feeling dank.

Hopefully the outlook for the rest of the week will improve.

7 comments:

Katy Swift said...

Dank is a fabulous word. You're right it's deliciously, perfect in it's description. I really enjoy a word like that and the way it feels in your mouth.

I like "velvety" and "bellicose".

SandDancer said...

Good word! I like "sultry" too.

Victor Castro said...

I like dank & bellicose! I have to use them one day. howsabout... sulky, gloomy, murky...

Btw, I have not forgotten about your tag.

I do hope you are felling brighter, cheery, JOLLY, dazzling and vivid all together!

SandDancer said...

I'd particularly like to be feeling dazzling. But at least for now I'm glad to report, I'm no longer feeling dank.

Glad you haven't forgotten about the tag and looking forward to reading it when its done.

Roses said...

My favourite word at the moment is mellifluous which perfectly describes Patrick Stewart's voice. Or my Viking's when he has a sore throat.

Mellifluous Dark said...

Ah, Roses, you took the word from me ;)

Sanddancer, my friend, I hope the dankness lifts (it is a great word though). I hope the rest of the week is balmy (I like that word – it conjures up images of breezy summer days when the temperature is just right i.e. 25 degrees).

..... said...

yeah nice word !! i am gonna try usin it !