Despite it only being the 10th May, I put aside this old warning and , today I made the change over between my summer and winter wardrobes. Away went the jumpers, parka and boots, out came the t-shirts, linen trousers and sandals.
Whilst having this changeover, I learnt the following things:
- I have a disproportionate number of tops, compared with trousers and skirts
- For someone who prefers plain clothes in neutral colours, I have an awful lot of strange coloured, heavily patterned clothes
- For someone who is very clumsy, I have a lot of silk and/or dry-clean only clothes
- Most of my clothes come from the same four shops
- There are two items in my wardrobe that I've never worn and doubt I ever will, but I don't feel able to part with them yet
- There are five things in my wardrobe that I'm keeping for sentimental value