Monday, October 22, 2007

My So Called Celebrity Life

Could it really have been a year since the last one? Last night was the Awards do for work and this year I did actually have to work at it, as opposed to previous years where I just turned up and enjoyed the champagne.

It felt strange travelling across London dressed up in the afternoon when everyone else was in jeans and cosy knitwear, but I was pleased to have the opportunity to wear my grey dress, purchased in the summer but unworn (pictured below taken before I’d ironed it!). It has a vast amount of drapey swingey fabric and I love it! I really expected the OH to hate it and he liked it too which is always a bonus.

The event went pretty well but it lacked the decadence of last year’s which was probably for the best really. This year’s celebrity count was higher than usual - as well as some theatre stars and soap actors, we had Stockard Channing and Patrick Stewart The latter was the latest victim of my inability to recognise famous people (not as bad as the time I failed to recognise Kathleen Turner) but as I was polite to everyone it just meant I wasn’t gushing over him and he had to wait in line for his ticket. I don’t think he minded though as he seemed pretty easy-going.




11 comments:

M said...

Love the swing factor on that dress! Fabulous!

SandDancer said...

That's what I liked about it too. It was very hard to resist the urge to swing it while out in public which is why I took pictures of myself swinging it in the safety of my own home!

M said...

That's a fabulous photo. Very artsy!

cogidubnus said...

My wife and daughter attended a recent Chichester Festival Shakespeare in which Patrick Stewart performed...they then saw him later on in the Theatre restaurant when he came and sat next to them and discussed the world, the universe, and everything...apparently a real gent...

Anonymous said...

what a fabulous dress - you look gorgeous! Like the swingy movemenet too

Annette said...

Lovely dress, lovely photo.

If you would like a laugh, I mean a look, at my story then please go to my blog site.
Go to view my profile and you will see a list of names.
They are all me, I'll explain why I have so many later o.k., the second one is the one I'm on now but the one you want is the 5th one down. The one with 8 posts on.
My story is called:
Annette's first story. For obviuos reasons!!

Thanks.

Chocolate & cherries said...

Love the dress and the photo. V v cool!

cogidubnus said...

Yes, I suppose I should have said earlier: "Pretty dress...even prettier girl"...

...but as my excuse I can claim I was deterred by the notion of being classified with Girl Next Door's "Nice Arse darling" brigade....

Victor Castro said...

It does not look un-ironed. Actually the slight wrinkleness (if you will) picks up some light. Great picture and movement.

SandDancer said...

Thank you for all the nice comments.

Cogidubnus - your story about Patrick Stewart is exactly how he seemed to us as well. And as for the 'nice arse brigade' rest assured there will never be a picture of my arse!

Annette - I have located your story in your blog maze and will read it over a cuppa when I get a decent break this week.

thoughts running through my head.... said...

fab pic J!