Monday, June 17, 2013

The Happiness Workout pt 2

Last week at work was an absolute stinker. Rotten to the core. Its not very interesting so I'm not going to go into it now - but I can't promise I won't have a rant in the future.

So now seems like a good time to do the Happiness Workout.

1. I had a great weekend in Glasgow - brilliant bars, fabulous food and great gig
2. I've had my haircut and even if I do say so myself, it looks good - at the beginning of the year I had it cut into a sleek bob - a big step for unadventurous me, but it suits me and even subsequent trims have been good
3. After a period of apathy, I managed three swims last week - for the second week in a row.

And a bonus one - I read three brilliant books last week

Arcadia by Lauren Groff
Dog Stars by Peter Heller
Where'd you go Bernadette by Maria Semple

All very different, but all from last year - I'd recommend them all.

3 comments:

cogidubnus said...

1) Got re-acquainted with two of my grandchildren who live at the other end of the country...don't see them often enough but it was good!
2) Walked my youngest (by 11 minutes) daughter down the aisle...and...
3) Got reduced to tears (as was virtually everyone) by my wife's speech at the picnic cum reception

That's a week that I'll not beat in a hurry!

SandDancer said...

That sounds like a great week. I recently saw some photos of a wedding picnic that a friend went to and it looked so gorgeous - just the sort of laid-back reception I would want if I wasn't already hitched.

Do you have twin daughters? I had the vaguest recollection that you had just daughters?

cogidubnus said...

Two sets of twin daughters and an odd boy in between (some would say very odd!).