Monday, November 16, 2009

B is for Bicycle

I haven't been on a bike since I was fifteen (I've mentioned this before) but I'm increasingly drawn to bicycles. I found myself enjoying the Tour de France this year (mainly because of Bradley Wiggins) and aesthetically I find bicycles very pleasing. I think it might be the spokes.




After laudrettes (again I've mentioned this before), bicycles are my second favourite thing to photograph.


And bicycles feature on so many pretty things:
Bowls, cups and other colourful ceramcis from Circa Ceramics


Silk cushions by Ferm Living

and the B mug in the Urban Alphabet range by Big Tomato Company.


A project associated with my work fixes bicycles and the other day I found myself casually asking how much they sold the refurbished bikes for. Perhaps my days as a non-cycler won't last much longer.





1 comment:

cogidubnus said...

I hereby promise to steer clear of the "lucky old saddle" jokes...yo begin with anyway...