Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Changes

Whereas before I took a train then a tube to work, now I take the bus. Two buses in fact.

This is just one of the changes involved in the change of jobs.

Where I was in the arts before, I'm now in the Voluntary & Community Sector.
Where I worked in central London before, I'm now on the outskirts
Where my job had a UK-wide remit before, I'm now working at a local level in one borough
Where I worked 10 to 6, I now work 9 to 5

Its a lot of change. I'm still exhausted by it all. I'm still not sure what to make of it.

On the plus side, I have a new health club and whilst I am missing my outdoor swimming, this place is clean and quiet.

2 comments:

cogidubnus said...

Phew...glad to hear that, tiredness apart, all is ok...the lack of blogging was making me fear the worst...

I'm in the bus industry, travel by bus, have a fairly local remit (well just three counties mainly) and am mostly (allegedly) 9 to 5...though if I'm finished before 7 I count myself lucky...

I can certainly equate to your exhaustion!

Roses said...

There you are! I've been wondering how you've been getting on.

The first month of a new job is usually exhausting. So much to get used to.

So will you be blogging about your bus rides then? :-)