Sunday, August 02, 2009

A Proper Grown-Up Job

I start the new job tomorrow and to say I'm nervous would be an understatement. This is a Proper Grown-Up Job. A job with a 50 page business plan with "outcomes" and "deliverables" for the next 3 years with my job title next to them. I have targets I'm expected to achieve and I'm trying not to freak out about something I have to do in 2011.

Its a whole new sector, in a new location and in an office where I'm don't know where the kettle is located. In fact, I don't even know if they have a kettle.

But there may not be time for tea with all those deliverables to be delivered.

10 comments:

Perfect Chic said...

Good luck with your new job!

Roses said...

Hope your first day went well honey. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Things always seem scary when they are new and unfamiliar but I'm sure in a few weeks you'll be ticking the outcomes off the list.

In my experience the voluntary sector always have kettles and lots of biscuits....

Hope you had a good day!

M said...

Hey, now you're talking my language -- project plans, deliverables, KPIs, service levels...ad nauseum...

Good luck with the new job.

Roses said...

Hey, hope your second day went well.

In my experience there are no deliverables until the tea has been delivered. For KPIs you need custard creams.

SandDancer said...

Thank you all.

So far, its been ok. It has mainly been induction type stuff so far and I haven't really done much, but I'm exhausted with all the new information. I know where the kettle is. Today I'm on an all day training course and tomorrow I have my first meeting.

Anonymous said...

I don't remember how I found your blog - a link from a link from a link or something like that. Glad to be here though - hope the new job shapes up as you'd like it to.

Carlito86 said...

I hope your new job went well.
xx

cogidubnus said...

Hope it's going ok....

Mellifluous Dark said...

Hope your new job's going really well.