Sunday, March 01, 2009

Stripe Update

My quest for the perfect striped dress has advanced.


Firstly, I found a dark grey and black striped t-shirt dress by a Scandinivian label, Resterods. So I was ideally looking for white and black, but I thought I'd at least get a lot of wear out of this one (ignore the wet hair and creases in the dress!)




Then on Friday, in H&M, I found this jumper dress, which is much more striking and closer to the ideal. I wasn't 100% convinced by it (although I do quite like this picture) but the OH's reaction meant I'm keeping it. He said I looked like a dancer from "Ready Steady Go". I don't know if that was compliment or insult, but that was certainly close to the desired effect.




So for now, I think my desire for stripes is sated.







4 comments:

thoughts running through my head.... said...

I like them both,your hair looks long n the first pic,are you growing it?

SandDancer said...

Thanks. I'm not intentionally growing my hair - the last time I had it cut the hairdresser hardly cut any off. It is quite often this length but perhaps you have only seen me when it was shorter.

Anonymous said...

They look fab...

Randomly since your post about the need for stripes, when I've been mooching about shops, iI've found myself looking for stripey things to tell you about and dismissing things that didn't meet your criteria... I'm aware this makes me sounds like a weirdo stalker, but I'm not honestly...

SandDancer said...

NM - no I do that too, seeing or hearing things that remind me of people I only virtually know. So if you do see anything that meets the strict criteria, I would still be interested to know.

I had also mentioned the stripes to a real life friend a few weeks ago and when I saw her last week she had been looking for me too.