Sunday, August 31, 2008

Things were better then

I can see myself becoming one of those old people who constantly talks about how much better things were in the past. I'll say things like "That wouldn't have happened when I was young" and start conversations with "In my day..." I accept this. but early in the week I experienced an extreme longing for the past.

We went to the Natural History Museum.

I found out that hippos roamed where Trafalgar Square is and there was a Woolly Mammoth from Ilford!

I wish there were still hippos in Trafalgar Square, they could wallow in the fountains. And Mammoths in Ilford could only be an improvement on much of the current population. Things were definitely better then.

2 comments:

Mellifluous Dark said...

That would be fabulous – woolly mammoths and hippos!

(On another note, tenuously related, I would like us to bring back the stocks. We could set them up in Trafalgar Square...)

SandDancer said...

Perhaps that could be the answer to what to put on the fourth plinth.