Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Something Old, Something New

I wondered whether I'd be aching as I type this post this morning, but I'm not. The reason I may have been is that last night I went to aqua aerobics, after an absence of probably a year. Aqua aerobics is hardly one for the Olympic athelete but I enjoy it. Its quite fun, if you can get over silliness of it.

Last week's activity was a different matter entirely. Last week, for the first time ever, I went to a yoga class. Where I greeted aqua aerobics like a comforting old friend, yoga was a new strange creature to me. I am possibly the least flexible person in the world - its not an age things - even as a child I couldn't touch my toes. And how much did I ache afterwards? It didn't the decency to wait until the next morning - I started aching that day.

I was disheartened but have come to the conclusion that I should stick with it for the 8 week course because it is stupid to give up on something so quickly just because I wasn't the best in the class. Going back to the issue of New Year's Resolutions, I think this is a good starting point, not just for the exercise, but for trying something new and getting outside of my comfort zone.

If I don't post for a few more days it may be because I ache too much to type.

5 comments:

Miss Forthright said...

Everyone is achey and unflexible when they first try yoga. After a coupkle of sessions you start to get more bendy and you start to feel really calm after the class. I'd stick with it and see how you go.

cogidubnus said...

Rather you than me sanddancer (by the way, I assume the nom de guerre implies you're a Betty rather than a Wilson or a Keppel?)....

SandDancer said...

I did my second yoga class yesterday and I'm not feeling too bad today.

Cogi - you've completely lost me there. What are you on about?

SandDancer said...

Actually I do know what you mean as I've just looked them up - you are referring to the music hall act. But that isn't where my name comes from - it is the nickname of people from my hometown.

cogidubnus said...

And to think I used to believe that Newki Broon was the only decent thing to come out of that neck of the woods! (snigger)...

I am now more educated and enlightened!